Please note: Applications have now closed.
If you have applied to the Consumer Participation Fund, please do not register. Call 03 9816 5720 before booking registrations.
Financial assistance for people with dementia and carers to attend
Alzheimer’s Australia Vic is pleased to offer financial assistance to people living with dementia and carers to attend the 2017 Biennial National Dementia Conference through the Consumer Participation Fund.
Consumers can apply for small amounts of money from this fund to help with costs such as:
- Domestic travel
- Local transport or transport hire (such as buses for community groups)
- Registration fees
Application close 1 September 2017.
Preparing your application
In your application you will be asked to answer some questions about you and what assistance you might need. You might find it helpful to have the following information handy when you complete the form:
- Whether you want to attend the conference as a presenter, a regular participant, or in a different way
- How much financial assistance you might need (a dollar sum) and what the money will be used for
- A statement about how you have been impacted by dementia (a story about your own diagnosis or your loved one’s)
- An example of how you have inspired a community or personal change at some time in your life
- Ideas about how you might share what you learn at the conference with other consumers and/or the community
Please note that the Consumer Participation Fund is limited. To allow as many people as possible to benefit, we encourage consumers to make a contribution to their costs if they can.
For more information or a hard copy of the application form, contact the Consumer Engagement Officer on 03 9815 7800 or email@example.com.